☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cunbleached white flour
2 tspwhite sugar
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspsalt, divided
1 tspblack pepper
2 Tbspyellow cornmeal
2 cchopped white onion
1 cvegetable oil
How to Make Amish Onion Patties
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Add chopped onions, tossing with a fork to coat well with flour mixture.
- Make a well, pour in milk and stir to just combined.
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat to medium high.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cup into hot oil, cooking for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully turn patties and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain patties on a wire rack, lightly salt, repeat above steps cooking the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with options like ketchup, salsa, ranch dressing or do what I do, put it on my burger.