Almost like Grandma's Cornbread Stuffing.
I always make the cornbread 2 to 3 days in advance and break it up to dry.
The kids always like some boiled/ sliced eggs added also.
- 2 large
- yellow onions chopped/diced
- ribs of celery chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- thyme, dried
- 1 Tbsp
- sage, dried
- 32 oz
- dried, crumbled cornbread
- 4 c
- or more to taste chicken broth
- 2 stick
- butter, cold
How to Make Almost like Grandma's Cornbread Stuffing.
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
In 1 stick of butter brown the celery and onion.
Add the Thyme and Sage to the butter and let cook a few more minutes.
- 2In large casserole dish, or turkey roasting pan, Mix together cornbread and all ingredients. Slice second stick of butter and place slices on top of mixture.
- 3Cover in foil & cook 30 minutes, remove foil and cook until top is firm and a little crisp.
If you want, some addition I have been thinking of are maybe some boiled egg and some cooked and diced giblets.