How to Make All-Day Beans
- 1Wash beans and discard any blemished beans.
- 2In a heavy 3 to 4 quart saucepan or slow cooker, bring water to a boil; Drop in beans and cook briskly for 2 minutes.
- 3Turn off heat, cover and soak for an hour.
- 4Discard soaking water and replace with fresh water. Add onion, garlic, pepper flakes, bouillon, pork and bring to a boil over high heat; Reduce heat to its lowest setting and simmer tightly covered for 5 1/2 hours or until tender.
- 5Add water as necessary - Salt can be added at the end if desired.
- 6Goes good with hamburgers or barbecue - Also can be served in bowls with a mound of salsa on top.