- 4 can(s)
- (about 15 ounces each) canned apricot halves, packed in heavy syrup
- 3/4 c
- light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon, or more to taste
- 1 1/3 c
- crushed buttery round crackers (about 32) such as ritz
- 5 Tbsp
- butter, at room temperature
How to Make Sweet and Savory Baked Apricots
- 1Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375.
- 2Drain the apricots and set aside 1/4 cup of the juice. Place half of the apricots cut side up in the bottom of a 13x9 glass or ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle half of the brown sugar over the apricots followed by 1/8 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Sprinkle half of the cracker crumbs evenly over the top. Repeat with the remaining apricots, brown sugar, cinnamon and cracker crumbs. Pour the reserved 1/4 cup of apricot juice evenly over the apricots and scatter the butter by teaspoonfuls over the top.
- 3Bake the apricots until they are bubbly and the top has lightly browned, about 50 minutes. Let the apricots cool about 10 minutes before serving.
Can also be served warm or even cold.