- 12 medium
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove
- 1 bunch
- parsley, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 100 g
- parmesan cheese, grated (about 4 oz)
- 400 g
- potatoes, cooked the day before (about 1 lb.)
How to Make Stuffed Roesti Tomatoes
- 1Preheat oven at 180C (350F).
- 2Cut off the stem base from tomatoes flat, carefully hollow out.
- 3Chop flesh of tomatoes, lightly braise onions with crushed garlic and parsley in oil, season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and leave to marinate shortly.
- 4Fill gratin dish with juice.
- 5Peel and grate potatoes, mix with grated Parmesan cheese and tomato flesh and tightly fill into hollow tomatoes.
- 6Place the tomatoes in gratin dish, brush with olive oil.
- 7Place into middle of oven and bake at 180C for 10 minutes, then 130C (300F)for an additional 20 minutes.