Simple Fried Plantains
How to Make Simple Fried Plantains
- Heat oil in large skillet. Oil should be medium heat, about 325ºF.
- Peel and slice plantains in uniform slices about 1/2 inch.
- Saute slices in hot oil for about 2 minutes per side, until a golden yellow.
- Lower heat and cook for another 3-4 minutes, turning once or twice until golden brown.
- When ready, remove plantain slices from pan and place on paper towels to drain. Sprinkle lightly with flaked salt or turbinado sugar, if using.
- NOTE: to ripen plantains you can put them in a paper bag with an apple for a few days.