☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·salt and pepper
1 Tbspfresh basil, or 1 tsp dried
·bread crumbs, buttered
How to Make Scalloped Tomatoes
- Peel tomatoes and cut out the cores. Then cut them in quarters.
- Peel and slice the onions and sauté them in 3 tablespoons butter until transparent but not brown.
- Butter a casserole and put a layer of tomato quarters on the bottom. Top with part of the onions, dot liberally with butter, and sprinkle with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and a pinch or basil.
- Repeat in layers until at the vegetables have been used. Top with a layer of crumbs that have been browned in plenty of butter.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes and onions are thoroughly tender.