HOW TO MAKE A JACK O' LANTERN USING AN ORANGE
- or so) deep orange colored oranges
- mommy and daddy to help
- sharp scissors and knife
- small candles or night light candle
ORANGE JACK O' LANTERN USING ORANGES
How to Make HOW TO MAKE A JACK O' LANTERN USING AN ORANGE
- 1Cut the orange into 2 pieces making sure the top piece, which will form the head of the lantern, is larger than the bottom piece. The bottom will allow you to remove the inside of the orange. Scoop out inside of orange and set aside. Make sure the orange is a big deep orange colored one. Place the meat scraped from inside the orange aside to eat when you're finished.
- 2Cut a hold about 1 cm diameter into the top of the head piece. This will allow the candle flame smoke to escape.
- 3NOW: Cut out and shape the eyes, nose, and top 2 little teeth, to form the face of the Jack O' Lantern. On the bottom half of the orange cut out and form the lower teeth, be very careful. It's easier to form a smooth arc of a lip rather than jagged teeth.
- 4Light the candle and gently place the bottom end of the orange over the candle. little puffs of smoke should come out the holes. Be careful and place your Orange Jack O' Lanterns securely in the center of a metal tray. If you use a little light candle, it can sit among the candy etc...