Fried Green Tomatoes
How to Make Fried Green Tomatoes
- 1Wash the green tomatoes and slice them into approximately 1/4 inch slices.
- 2Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/teaspoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon flour with buttermilk. Mix well.
- 3Place tomato slices in this mixture.
- 4Combine the remaining salt, black pepper, flour, and cornmeal in a separate bowl.
- 5Heat the canola oil to 350 degrees in a heavy skillet.
- 6Coat the tomato slices on each side in the flour mixture. Drop into hot oil. Cook until crisp and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.