☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 large
- green tomatoes, 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 c
- 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- bacon drippings
- 6 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
How to Make Fried Green Tomatoes
- 1Layer green tomato slices in a small, deep dish, sprinkling each layer with sugar; let stand 1 hour.
- 2Drain, reserving sugar liquid.
- 3Combine all-purpose flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish; dredge tomato slices in mixture.
- 4Heat 1 tablespoon bacon drippings and 2 tablespoons oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add about one-third of tomato slices.
- 5Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- 6Drain on paper towels.
- 7Repeat procedure twice with remaining tomato slices, bacon drippings, and oil.
- 8Drain off pan drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in skillet.
- 9Stir reserved sugar liquid until sugar dissolves.
- 10Add to reserved drippings in skillet; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 11Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- 12Drizzle over fried tomatoes; serve immediately.
Leave a Comment