Goes great with just about anything.
4 largegranny smith apples
1/2 tspcinnamon, or you can use a cinnamon stick and remove before serving
1/4 tspapple or pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cbrown sugar
1/8 cheavy cream (optional)
How to Make Fried Apples
- Peel, core and slice apples
- In large frying pan add the butter and the apples, stir over medium heat until butter is melted.
- add the next 5 ingredients, cook over med heat stir occasionally until apples are soft and liquid has cooked down.
- stir in heavy cream, let cook an additional 5-10 minutes. stir frequently.
- ******* You can add just about any spice you want to, I often cook mine until they are just a slightly browned on the bottom, But they are just as good if you cook for only 5 minutes after adding the heavy cream. You can also increase or decrease the amount of spices listed. I have never had a real recipe for this, it is just something I have done for years to use up the few apples that weren't eaten between shopping days