Quick & easy with a short ingredient list.
I have been making these since 1948 when my mom taught me to do them.
8 largetart apples - cored, sliced (granny smith)
1/4 cbacon drippings or butter
1-1/2 tspfresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cdark brown sugar (packed)
1/8 tspkosher salt
1-1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/8 tspfreshly ground nutmeg
How to Make Fried Apples
- In a large cast iron deep skillet, melt bacon drippings or butter
- Layer prepared apples evenly over skillet bottom.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over them, add brown sugar and salt.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes until apples are tender.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir in spices and enjoy
- Note: Crumble crisp bacon over apples as a garnish when serving.