Cranberry Pear Relish
- 4 c
- cranberries ( about 1 pound) picked over
- 2 c
- white sugar
- 1 c
- fresh orange juice or your favorit carton brand
- 1 Tbsp
- finely grated orange zest
- slightly under-ripe pears
How to Make Cranberry Pear Relish
- 1when choosing pears either anjou or bosc will do anjou pears are juicier. you will need to core, peel and cut them into 1/3 inch dice
- 2Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan and stir well. Place pan over medium heat and boil until berries pop open Skim the foam off the surface with a metal spoon and let the relish cool to room temperature. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 months. Makes 10 servings.
- 3Tips: I still have some left in my fridg now its been 3 months and it is still good. I have also added apples to the mixture, I do normally just buy enough oranges to get the required zest you need it might take like 4 depending on the size make sure the oranges skins are not anything less then perfect as you will be eating this and really give them a good scrub with soap & rinse, then I add a box oj to make up the difference, as long as your pan is large enough you can double tripple this I promise you your cranberry jelly haters will love this dish, update lately I have been adding a lot less sugar for obvious reasons and it was well received.