★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 to 4
- large granny smith apples
- 1 1/2
- cup water
- cup packed brown sugar
- tablespoons all-purpose flour
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon nutmeg
How to Make Cool Weather Stewed Apples
- 1Wash, core, peel, and slice the apples.
(Combine all of the dry ingredients together before adding to the apples and water.)
- 2In a medium-size saucepan over low heat combine the apples, water, brown sugar, flour, salt, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg and cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 3Simmer until the apples are tender, but not too soft.