Woolly Butter Lamb
Once, you get the base of the body down it is pretty easy from there. You shape the head & then begin making the wool. I wanted mine really woolly so I ended up using a cheese grater for thicker wool. I had fun once I saw the little lamb taking shape. Children would love to help make a Woolly Lamb.
- 1 lb
- butter, (whole solid pound or 4 sticks)
- fine mesh strainer, garlic press or a cheese grater
- red ribbon
- flag w/cross or flag w/alleluia
- black peppercorns for eyes or popcorn
- parsley, chervil or other herb for look of grazing
- olive, for nose and mouth
How to Make Woolly Butter Lamb
- 1Take 1lb of butter or 4 sticks (that is what I did) I placed two on a plate side by side and let them sit for a little while. Then, I began cutting and rounding the body. I used the excess butter to blend the two sticks together. Then I took the third stick and cut a piece off that looked to be about the size of the head. I began cutting and molding it with my hands. I made little ears and then cut a piece out of head to make nose stand out. I thought I had black peppercorns and coldn't find them so I just used some popcorn for the eyes and hooves. I used an olive for the heart shaped nose and a slit for mouth. I also used chervil instead of parsley cause I liked how it looked.
I did forget his neck and had to cut a slice of butter to lift his head. LOL
- 2Take your butter out of refrig. and press through a mesh strainer or garlic press. Use your knife to lift the butter off the grater and place it right on the body of the lamb. Now begin dressing your lamb with his wool.
Make sure your butter doesn't get too soft or it won't look like wool anymore when pressed through.
- 5Most of the time I buy my butter lambs at the store but I wanted to try making my own this year. This is what a store bought one looks like. They start selling them in the grocery stores right after St. Patty's Day usually.
(This one was my back up and since it went well making the bigger one I may doctor this one up and make him woolly too. LOL
I will put him at the kids table since he is smaller in size.
- 11A great way to share about the real meaning of Easter; Jesus Christ. He is the One and Only Lamb of God.
John 1:29 --- The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! Here is a beautiful music video of Kirk Franklin singing "Precious Lamb of God".