I love this for breakfast with some splenda and fresh lemon zest!
- left over whey from making mozzarella cheese
- 1 qt
- whole milk or heavy cream
- 1/4 c
- cider vinegar
How to Make Whey Ricotta
- 1Add milk or cream to whey heat to 200F
- 2Once the mixture hits 200F turn off burner, add vinegar and stir. You will start to notice tiny white particles.
- 3Ladle the curds into a colander lined with muslin or a lightweight towel. Allow to drain. Once you can handle the cloth (it maybe too hot). Tie it in a knot and hang on the kitchen faucet and allow to drain for several hours.
- 4I like this best served for breakfast with a little bit of splenda and lemon zest!