Very Easy Crockpot Apple Butter
- apples enough to fill a 6 quart crockpot 3/4 full
- 1 c
- white sugar
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract
How to Make Very Easy Crockpot Apple Butter
- 1This is a 24 hour process. First peel, core and quarter your apples. (I use a variety Granny Smith, Johnathans or Gravesteins) Fill your crockpot 3/4 full with the apples.
- 2Add the vanilla and cook on low over night.
- 3Next morning take a potatoe masher or spoon and mash the apples, then add the sugars and spices and mix well.
- 4Cook 6 to 8 hours on low until nice and thick. Take a wooden spoon around the sides of the crockpot every so often.
- 5Place in hot half pint jars, wipe rims, and process 5 minutes in a boiling water bath. This will make about 6 to 7 half pints.
- 6I will post pictures of my jarred apple butter in a few days.