- cup of mayonaise
- tablespoons fresh minced onion
- cup fresh minced parsley
- dill pickle minced
- teaspoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- salt and white pepper if desired
How to Make TARTAR SAUCE
- 1MIX ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER IN A SMALL BOWL:
mayonnaise, onion, parsley, pickles, lemon juice, salt and white pepper. Stir well, cover and put in the fridge and let sit for a 1/2 to 1 hour until flavors blend. A word about texture: We enjoy the minced vegetables and the flavors that come through with a little crunch to the tartar sauce. However, if you prefer a smooth sauce, you can blend the ingredients in the blender until the sauce is smooth. Refrigerate, and it will keep up to one week.
- 2SOME THINGS TO ADD:
You can add some minced jalapeno, red pepper, cilantro, depending on what you are serving. On fish sandwiches, I like a little cilantro and lime juice and jalapeno, maybe a dash or two of tobasco. Use your imagination and you can come up with many ideas. Enjoy!
- 3Cook's Tips: This is especially good on my Fish Sandwiches, the recipe is posted on this site. You can use relish, but there is nothing that compares to the crisp taste of the dill. Yum!