2 Tbspinstant pudding (whatever flavor you desire)
ORif you need perfectly white whipped cream use
1/4 tspunflavored gelatin
2 Tbspice water
1 Tbspif you don't use pudding, flavoring such as vanilla, rum, coffee, lemon, etc. may be added.
1 cheavy whipping cream
1-3 Tbspfine sugar
How to Make Stabilized Whipped Cream
- Use cream with NO LESS than 30% butterfat. The higher the butterfat content, the better stabilized it will be. Cream that is not ultra-pasturized will also hold its shape better.
- Chill your mixing bowl (stainless steel and copper are best) and beaters in the freezer for 20 minutes. Your cream should also be cold.
- If using instant pudding: Begin whipping the cream. When small bubbles appear, add instant pudding and sugar (if any). Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- If using gelatin: Pour very cold water into a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin on top of water to bloom. After 3 minutes add bloomed gelatin/water mixture to cold cream in the chilled mixing bowl. Begin to beat. When small bubbles appear, add flavoring of choice and sugar. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- DO NOT OVERBEAT! The cream will separate and turn to butter that you won't want to use as butter. ;)