Spicy Jalapeno Mustard! Wow!
- i use a variety some jalapenos, but mostly cayenne and a habinero or two. mix it up. you can also put a red sweet pepper in so it isn't too hot. you be the judge. the less green the more yellow you will have or you can add some tumeric to it.
- 1 1/2 c
- white vinegar
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- 4 c
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- dry mustard
- 16 oz jar of yellow mustard (used french's)
How to Make Spicy Jalapeno Mustard! Wow!
- 1Cut the jalapenos in half and remove the seeds, Reserve those seeds. Chop the peppers up finely to yield about 4 cups. Note: I added a few cayanne peppers for color - just eliminate 1 jalapeno pepper) You will need about 4 cups of peppers!
- 2Combine the peppers, vinegar, water and salt in a large saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until the jalapenos are tender, about 8 to 9 minutes. (Warning you may start to cough from the fumes of the peppers very strong but cleans out the sinus cavity. LOL!)
- 3Now add those lovely seeds to your jalapeno mixture according to your taste. 1 tablespoon for mild, 2 for medium and add all for hot!!!!
- 4Combine the sugar, flour and dry mustard in a medium bowl and mix well. Stir in your yellow mustard.
- 5Add the mustard mixture to the jalapeno mixture and mix well. Simmer and stir frequently until thicken. This should take about 5 minutes.
- 6Now spoon the mixture into 10 hot sterilized 1/2 pint jars leaving 1/2 inch head space. Seal with lids and rings. Process in a hot water bath for 5 minutes.
- 7This makes great Christmas Gifts to add to a Gift Basket full of your homemade treats!
Will post a picture as soon as I get new batteries for my camera! I think I wore it out with all the pictures I've been taking! LOL! Happy Canning!