Simple Ham Salad
How to Make Simple Ham Salad
- Chop ham into cubes - we use left over ham when we make a whole ham. Put into food processor.
- Drain pickle slices on a paper towel and gently pat to get off excess liquid. You can use dill pickle relish, but I find it's just as easy, and cheaper, to use just dill pickle chips. Put in the food processor with ham.
- Pulse food processor until ham starts to break down into smaller pieces. Then turn on low. Mix until a grainy consistency and all of the ham and pickles are processed. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Dump the ham and pickles into a mixing bowl. Add in the rest of the ingredients. I called for 1/2 a cup of mayo, but you may want to add a little more to get a creamier ham salad, or your ham may be a bit drier. Add as much as you like to get it where you want it.
- Mix all of the ingredients together until well blended, adding mayo as you go until it's the right consistency. You can add any additional seasonings you like. The horseradish gives the salad a little kick, you can leave it out if you don't like the flavor. Chill and serve.