Roasted Garlic spread.
How to Make Roasted Garlic spread.
- 1preheat oven to 325.Cut ends off garlic making sure all cloves are exposed.Trying not to cut to far down.
- 2Rub excess loose paper off bulbs leaving some surrounded around cloves.
- 3Rub soft butter all over cloves making sure to get butter into all the cracks.
- 4Set bulbs bottom side down with exposed cloves up in baking dish.
- 5Cover top in foil and bake on 325 for 1-2 1/2 hours. Check every 1/2 hour and baste butter or olive oil on top to keep from drying.
- 6When garlic starts to pop out of bulb and becomes a golden brown and soft you know its done.
- 7Let cool to room temperature. and remove garlic from bulb( the end of a peeler works great) carefully.
- 8Add all cloves to bowl and mix in soft butter or olive oil which ever you prefer. It will then be a spread you can use on any kind of bread you choose.
- 9Your house will smell strongly like roasted garlic. For all you garlic lovers you will love this recipe. Everyone I have made this for begs for more. You can refridgerate for a long time but usually its gone b4 you can put it away.