How to Make Peach Butter
- Puree peaches in a food processor being careful not to make them to liquidy.
- Measure puree and place in kettle that is not aluminum.
- However much puree you have; add 1/2 that amount of brown sugar.(eg. If you have 12 cups of puree; add 6 cups of brown sugar.)
- Add spices to taste. I use lots of nutmeg, a little cinnamon and a little ginger. But you could also use cloves or apple pie spice.
- Boil stirring often to keep from sticking. Continue to cook until the mixture is thick enough to roll up on a spoon. This may take a while!!
- Ladle into hot jars and process in boiling water bath for 10min. Remove from water and allow to seal.