How to Make ORANGE BASIL BUTTER
- 1Take butter out to softened and place in a bowl. Zest Oranges, minced the Zest and juice the oranges about 1/2 C juice.
- 2In small saucepan, add the orange juice, and white wine (optional, I like to use Zifandel). Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, and reduce until juice mixture becomes a syrup (about 2 - 3 T). Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes.
- 3In the bowl of butter, add Basil, red bell pepper, orange zest, and orange syrup. Mix ingredients well, until butter has incorporated all ingredients.
- 4Place butter onto piece of wax paper (plastic wrap) in log shape form and roll the butter up. Place wrap butter in plastic ziploc or container for extra protection. Place butter in freezer until ready to use. Remove the butter from freezer prior to use to make cutting easier.
- 5COOK'S TIP: The butter can be formed into a variety of shapes and sizes for ease of use or for decorative slicing. Enjoy! :)