Old Fashioned Pimiento Cheese
- 1 large box (3lb) velvetta cheese (chill cheese and then grate with a sharp grater)
- 1 large jar (4oz) chopped pimientos, including liquid
- 2-4 heaping tablespoons dill salad cubes
- enough mayonnaise to moisten (approx 1 cup)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Old Fashioned Pimiento Cheese
- 1Grate chilled Velvetta in a large bowl
- 2Add the Pimientos and the Dill Salad Cubes (you can use relish as well or substitute sweet pickle relish if you prefer) Moisten with enough Mayonnaise to make spreading consistency for sandwiches. Salt and Pepper to taste. Stir well.
- 3Refrigerate. It is best if it sits in the refrigerator over night so flavors mingle well.