Mixed fruit curd
How to Make Mixed fruit curd
- Blend mixed berries in food processor . Then strain through a strainer with cheese cloth to remove seeds.
- Put berry juice, sugar, honey, lemon juice, zest in a heavy sauce pan over medium heat
- While that is starting to heat up , put eggs and egg yolks in a large bowl and beat till no whites show. set aside.
- cook to 180* on thermometer.
- Take off heat and temper egg mixture with hot juice very slowly.
- Then carefully add tempered egg mixture to the rest of the juice in pan . Be sure to continually stir so that the mixture doesn't curdle.
- put back on stove and cook till thickened. About 5-10 minutes depending on your stove-top.
- Turn off heat and add butter a couple of tablespoons at a time till melted and stirred completely.
- Immediately pour into 3 - 2 pint jars and let cool slightly before putting in fridge or freezer.
- Will keep in fridge for a week to 10 days. You can also freeze the curd.