Melt in Your Mouth Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter
This delicious recipe is made from fresh roasted pumpkin puree... but canned pumpkin puree can be used as well. (Make sure you're not using pumpkin pie mix.)
Use your pumpkin butter in yogurt, make a peanut butter, pumpkin butter sandwich, add a dollop to your morning oats, spread on a bagel, make it a smoothie. Not only is it delicious, but pumpkin has many many health benefits as well!!
- 6 c
- fresh pumpkin puree (can use canned pumpkin puree)
- 1 c
- brown sugar, light
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp
- pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp
- fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp
- cloves, ground
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh ginger, grated (can adjust more or less to taste)
- 1/4 tsp
- fine sea salt
How to Make Melt in Your Mouth Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter
- 1In a 3-5 quart crackpot, combine all ingredients. Use a whisk to blend than all together nicely. Set crock pot to low and allow to cook for 6 hours, with lid propped to allow steam to escape. You can use a wooden appointing prop lid if need be.
- 2stir mixture here and there. Pumpkin butter is ready when it holds to a spoon when flipped upside down. It will be nice and thick and smooth.
- 3prepare jars and lids. Wash and sterilize. Fill jars leaving half inch head space. Wipe top of jars clean with warm clean dish cloth. Place lids and rings. Allow jars to cool completely.
**Store in refrigerator and use within three weeks. Can also freeze for up to a year.
- 4Please note that it is not recommended to can pureed pumpkin or any winter squash. Either by hot water bath or pressure cooker per the National Center for Home Food Preservation. See link below for more information.