Maple Orange Butter
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From "Spice It Up! The Art of Making Condiments".
- 1/2 c
- unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp
- maple syrup
- 2 tsp
- grated orange zest, packed
- 1 tsp
- orange juice
How to Make Maple Orange Butter
- 1Place the softened butter in a small bowl.
- 2Using an electric or manual mixer, whip it until light and airy. Continue to whip, and add the syrup, then the orange zest and juice. Whip until they are thoroughly incorporated.
- 3Press the butter into a small decorative ramekin.
- 4Serve the butter immediately or cover and refrigerate it until ready to use, but be sure to bring it to room temperature before serving.
- 5Makes a little more than 1/2 cup.