- 10 c
- zucchini, chopped
- 4 c
- onions, chopped
- 2 large
- green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- red hot pepper flakes or 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- 5 Tbsp
- canning salt
- 6 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp
- mustard seed
- 2 tsp
- celery seed
- 1 qt
- apple cider vinegar
How to Make Hot Zucchini Relish
- 1prepare half pint sized canning jars and lids as directed in canning books.
- 2Put vegetables into a non metallic bowl and sprinkle with the canning salt. Let stand over night.
Next day, rinse in cold water and drain well.
- 3Bring vinegar to a boil. Add spices and sugar. Add vegetables and stir well to combine.
- 4Using a slotted spoon, fill canning jars with vegetables. cover with hot vinegar mixture and leave 1/4 inch head space..remove bubbles.
secure lids and process for 5 minutes in a hot water bath.
cool on a kitchen towl or rack for 24 hours and check for seal.