Hot Pepper Butter
- 36 large or 50 small hot peppers, ground in food processor
- bell pepper, minced (optional)
- lg. green tomato, minced (optional)
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion (optional)
- 1 1/2 pt
- apple cider vinegar
- 3 lb
- brown sugar
- 1 qt
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- additional apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 c
How to Make Hot Pepper Butter
- 1If you decide to add the optional ingredients, make it easy on yourself by pulsing them in food processor to the same consistency as the peppers (like fine relish).
- 2Bring to a boil 1 1/2 pints vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, water, and salt, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Mix together flour with remaining 1 cup vinegar until smooth, and gradually add to simmering mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined, then fold in peppers or pepper mixture, and mix well.
- 4Pour into sterilized jars and seal. Note: I've made it plain and with the optional ingredients too, and both are equally good.
- 5Yield: 8-10 pint jars.