★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkg(16 oz) honey roasted peanuts
How to Make Homemade Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
- add peanuts to the canister of a food processor, process on high power until creamy and smooth, about 5 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides if necessary.
- lots of notes: the peanut butter will go through stages of crushed into a fine powder, a paste, a thicker paste, a big dough ball and then the ball will break down into runnier peanut butter.
- at the point the peanut butter is runny, continue processing for about 1 more minute, making sure the peanut butter is as smooth as desired.
- i store my peanut butter in a airtight container or jar in the refrigerator, where it will keep for many weeks. i prefer thicker peanut butter and the refrigerator helps it stay thicker.
- you can store the peanut butter at room temperature where it will keep for at least a week.
- as with any food that has no preservatives, use common sense in terms of storage duration but with my experience, it will last for at least a month in the refrigerator, if not eating much sooner.