Freezer French Vanilla
Eve Peterson (AKA-POETGRL)
How to Make Freezer French Vanilla
- Scald the milk in a saucepan by heating it until it approaches the boiling point, set it aside.
- In the top of a double boiler, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until smooth. Mix in vanilla and salt, add the scalded milk, and whisk until smooth.
- Cook the egg-milk mixture over simmering water stirring for 10 minutes or it begins to thicken and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the pan from the double boiler and add whipping cream. Mix well. Carefully pour the mixture into a 9x13 pan, cover, and place in the freezer.
- Every hour or so, stir the mixture and scrape the edges of the pan to keep the ice cream smooth as it freezes. After about 5 hours, it should be frozen. Cover and keep in freezer until ready to serve. YOU CAN ADD CANDIES OR COOKIES TO THE ICE CREAM.