Easy & Delicious Buttercream Frosting
If you don't have a food processor, you can beat entirely in a mixer but it will take at least 45 minutes and won't be as fluffy.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar (10X preferred)
- 3/4 c
- plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, chilled
How to Make Easy & Delicious Buttercream Frosting
- 1Divide butter into 1 Tbsp. pats. Place all ingredients in food processor and process on high until light and fluffy, about 8 minutes, scraping sides down once or twice.
- 2Transfer mixture to mixing bowl. Using paddle attachment, beat on medium-high for about 20 minutes, stopping the mixer and scraping down the sides several times. The buttercream is ready when the color has changed to white. If not used within an hour, the buttercream will been to be whipped.