Dulce de Leche
How to Make Dulce de Leche
- Tear the label off the can(s) of sweetened condensed milk. I usually like to boil 2 or 3 at a time, but you can do as many as you can fit into a pot of boiling water.
- Put the cans of sweetened condensed milk into a pot of water, make sure the water covers the cans by a good 1-2 inches, and bring to a boil. As it boils remember to fill with water if it get below the top of cans.
- Once the water starts boiling start a timer for about 2.5 hours. You can go 3 hours, it will be a little darker and a bit sweeter. I like it at 2.5 hours, it should have a nice light brown color.
- After 2.5 hours take them out of the boiling water with tongs and let them sit until they cool down. You can speed the cooling process by putting them in cool water.
- Once cooled, open with a can opener and enjoy! It can go on bread as a spread,in cakes or in any recipe which you would need Dulce de Leche.