Coconut & Pecan Caramel Frosting/Filling
- 3/4 c
- white sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- watkins butterscotch dessert mix
- 1/2 c
- evaporated milk or half & half
- 1/3 c
- hot water
- 1/4 c
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1 c
- flaked coconut
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 tsp
- watkins caramel flavor
How to Make Coconut & Pecan Caramel Frosting/Filling
- 1In medium saucepan combine sugar and the 2 tablespoons Butterscotch Dessert Mix.
- 2Stir in evaporated milk, water, butter, and egg.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Stir in coconut, pecan, and Caramel Flavor; cool.
- 6Spread frosting/filling between and on top of cake layers or as frosting on a 9 X 13 single layer cake.