How to Make CHRISTMAS PICKLES
- 1Drain brine from pickles and discard. Slice pickles lengthwise, or in wide slices, and return them back to the jar.
- 2Pour in the hot pepper sauce, and add the garlic. Pour in about 1/3 of the sugar, close the lid tightly.
- 3Gently tip the jar back and forth several times to allow everything to mix well. Leave out on the counter at room temperature for one week.
- 4During the week, add more sugar as the sugar in the jar dissolves. Gently tip the jar back and forth to mix. Continue the process throughout the week. Until you have used up all the sugar.
- 5When all of the sugar has been absorbed, pickles will be dark green and crispy.
- 6Transfer pickles to smaller sterile jars, and divide syrup between jars. Seal with lids and rings.
- 7Store in the refrigerator and use within one month.