Chicken Liver Pate
1 lbchicken livers, well cleaned
1 smallsweet onion, sliced thin
2 smallcloves garlic, smashed and peeled
1/2 tspthyme leaves
1 cfiltered water
2 stickvegan margarine, room temperature
1 Tbspmarsala wine
·fresh cracked pepper
·little toasts or crackers for serving
How to Make Chicken Liver Pate
- In a medium saucepan combine the livers, onion, garlic, bay leaves, thyme and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Add the water and bring to a simmer. Cover and reduce heat and cook on low stirring occasionally. About 5 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaves and using a slotted spoon remove the liver mixture to a food processor.
- Process to a course puree, then add the butter a little at a time until totally incorporated. Add the Marsala Wine and season with salt and pepper. Taste! The mixture should be very smooth!!
- Put the pate into little dishes and press a piece of plastic wrap onto the surface. Put in the fridge to firm up.
- Serve chilled on toast points or crackers.