Chicken Liver Pate
- 1 lb
- chicken livers, well cleaned
- 1 small
- sweet onion, sliced thin
- 2 small
- cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp
- thyme leaves
- kosher salt
- 1 c
- filtered water
- 2 stick
- vegan margarine, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp
- marsala wine
- fresh cracked pepper
- little toasts or crackers for serving
How to Make Chicken Liver Pate
- 1In a medium saucepan combine the livers, onion, garlic, bay leaves, thyme and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- 2Add the water and bring to a simmer. Cover and reduce heat and cook on low stirring occasionally. About 5 minutes.
- 3Discard the bay leaves and using a slotted spoon remove the liver mixture to a food processor.
- 4Process to a course puree, then add the butter a little at a time until totally incorporated. Add the Marsala Wine and season with salt and pepper. Taste! The mixture should be very smooth!!
- 5Put the pate into little dishes and press a piece of plastic wrap onto the surface. Put in the fridge to firm up.
- 6Serve chilled on toast points or crackers.