CHEESE SPREAD for BREAD
- 8 oz
- sharp, cheddar cheese, cold and cut into chunks
- 6 oz
- butter, unsalted, room temperature
- scallions, finely chopped
- clove garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 lb
- loaf of ciabatta bread, cut in half, horizontally
How to Make CHEESE SPREAD for BREAD
- 1Place large cookie sheet in center of oven on rack.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In food processor, combine cheese and butter, process until mixture is smooth. Add the scallions and garlic, pulse until combined.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Place bread cut into halves on pan that will fit on top of HOT cookie sheet. Slather an adequate amount of the cheese spread on the bread.
BAKE 10-15 Minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
- 4Cut bread into 2 inch wide slices and serve hot with your favorite dish.