Caramelized Onion Jam
How to Make Caramelized Onion Jam
- Slice or fine chop the onions. Depends on how you like them. Just be sure they are fairly even in size.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil. Add the onions and heat until golden brown. (about 15 minutes. Might take more)
- When the onions are golden, sprinkle with the sugar and let it cook without stirring for 5 minutes. Then start stirring and cook until brown caramel forms (about 6 minutes)
- Add the vinegar and rosemary and simmer on low heat until thickened. (about 5-10 minutes...watch for the mixture to thicken)
- Take off heat and add a bit of salt to taste.
- This spread can be refrigerated for 5 days. Serve it warmed or room temp. (even cold is ok in my book!