Bacon-Olive Cheese Ball
8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1 csalad olives with pimentos
2 or 3 dash(es)onion powder
2 or 3 dash(es)cajun seasoning
2/3 - 3/4 creal bacon pieces
2/3 - 1 cshredded cheddar cheese
1 cpecan pieces (finely chopped)
How to Make Bacon-Olive Cheese Ball
- In food processor, chop the olives and pimentos. Put into a bowl and set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, onion powder and cajun seasoning into the food processor and process until creamy. Remove to a mixing bowl.
- Add the olives, bacon pieces, and shredded cheese to the cream cheese mixture. Mix all ingredients thoroughly with a spoon. Form mixture into a ball. (It may be too soft to make the ball at this point, but do the best you can. You will be able to handle it better after the next step)
- Wrap the "ball" in a sheet of wax paper and put into the freezer for approx 20 minutes.
- Remove the ball from the freezer, reshape the ball and roll in pecan pieces until covered. Refrigerate in airtight container. Remove from refrigerator approx 1 hour before serving. Serve with Club, Ritz, or your favorite cracker.