☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspfresh ginger, finely chopped
1 Tbspgarlic, finely chopped
1 Tbspscallion, finely chopped (white parts only)
1/2 ctoasted sesame oil
1 Tbspichimi togarashi (japanese 7 spice) or chinese red pepper
1 Tbspred pepper flakes
How to Make Homemade Rayu
- Add the ginger, garlic, scallion, and 1/4 cup of the sesame oil to a small saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over low heat and bring to a boil.
- Gently simmer for about 3 minutes over low heat, or until the ingredients turn golden.
- Gently swirl the pot while cooking to prevent the ingredients from burning.
- Pour the oil into a mixing bowl.
- Add the ichimi togarashi and coarse red pepper flakes, and mix to combine.
- Allow the oil to come to room temperature, and then add the remaining 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil.
- Transfer the rayu to a glass jar.
- To use, spoon the red rayu oil from the surface (so the chopped ingredients remain resting on the bottom). You can also strain the rayu through a fine sieve to remove the chopped ingredients from the oil, before pouring it into a storage jar.