☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspwhole coriander seeds
1 Tbspwhole cumin seed
1 1/2 tspwhole mustard seeds (brown or yellow)
1 tspfenugreek seeds
3dried hot red chilies, crumbled
1 1/2 tspground turmeric
How to Make Curry Powder
- Heat small, heavy skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add coriander, cumin, peppercorns, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cloves and chilies.
- Stir until spices smell toasted and aromatic, about 5 minutes. (A few of the spices will darken a shade.)
- Add turmeric; stir 10 seconds.
- Turn out onto clean plate to cool.
- Transfer spices to coffee or spice grinder, in batches if necessary; grind finely.
- Use immediately or store in air-tight container in cool, dry place for up to 2 months.