spicy pepper dip/spread
Made this once years ago for a get together at my dads... It was the first thing gone with people begging me for the recipe ! I am basically required to bring this to any event now... I'm embarrassed at how easy it is ! Experiment with how spicy or sweet you like it .. No right or wrong way to it ????
- 6 large
- bell peppers:red,yellow,green,orange...any mixture of them that you like
- if you like spicy add a couple of habanero and/or jalepenos
- 1 c
- white vinegar
- 1 c
- 1 c
- salt/pepper to taste
How to Make spicy pepper dip/spread
- 1Put the vinegar,sugar and water in a medium saucepan over very low heat..stir to mix up the sugar
- 2While vinegar mixture is warming cut all peppers in half and remove the seeds etc. (*if you opt to add spicy its ok to leave some of the seeds as they add the heat )
- 3Dice all the peppers into small pieces and add to vinegar mixture. Dash of salt/pepper to taste. Let it come to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed.. Usually a few hours..stir occasionally. .. Let cool . Can make day or two before and store in fridge. Serve over room temp cream cheese with crackers... Easy peasy !
About spicy pepper dip/spread
Show 8 Comments & Reviews