Mixed Up "Pesto-ish"
The combination of greens, herbs, and nuts was so good I just had to share.
I plan on using it as a spread on grilled breads, meats, roasted potatoes, mixed with mayo for sandwiches, and of course a pasta dish or two.
I hope you give this crazy pesto-ish a try... (:
- 1/2 c
- shelled dry roasted and salted pistachios
- 4 clove
- fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- swiss chard, stemmed
- 1/4 c
- arugula rocket, stemmed
- 4 Tbsp
- basil leaves, fresh
- 2 Tbsp
- flat italian parsley leaves
- nasturtium leaves (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 tsp
- olive oil for drizzling - i used about 1/4 cup
How to Make Mixed Up "Pesto-ish"
- 1This is a picture of Nasturtium leaves. My plants haven't bloomed yet. I'll post a picture once they do. The flowers are beautiful and edible as well. I let the flowers run their course to collect the seeds. The leaves have a peppery flavor a little more like radish than arugula - to me anyway (:
If interested, you can purchase seeds online - I went to Burpee.com