Home made refried beans
- 3 Tbsp
- bacon drippings
- 3 clove
- garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed through a garlic press
- 3 1/2 c
- home-cooked dry beans with just enough cooking liquid to cover or 2 15-ounce cans beans
How to Make Home made refried beans
- 1in a medium-large (10-inch) bacon drippings over medium.
- 2add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant but not brown, about 1 minute.
- 33. Add the beans. As the beans come to a simmer, coarsely mash them with a bean masher, old-fashion potato masher or the back of a large cooking spoon. How smoothly you mash them is entirely a matter of personal preference
- 4Cook, stirring nearly constantly, until the consistency of very soft mashed potatoes—expect about 10 minutes total cooking time.
- 5taste and season with salt if you think necessary.