Home made refried beans
3 Tbspbacon drippings
3 clovegarlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed through a garlic press
3 1/2 chome-cooked dry beans with just enough cooking liquid to cover or 2 15-ounce cans beans
How to Make Home made refried beans
- in a medium-large (10-inch) bacon drippings over medium.
- add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant but not brown, about 1 minute.
- 3. Add the beans. As the beans come to a simmer, coarsely mash them with a bean masher, old-fashion potato masher or the back of a large cooking spoon. How smoothly you mash them is entirely a matter of personal preference
- Cook, stirring nearly constantly, until the consistency of very soft mashed potatoes—expect about 10 minutes total cooking time.
- taste and season with salt if you think necessary.