This pairs well with all shellfish.
- 2 stick
- 2 clove
- anchovy fillets
- lemon, juice and zest
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper (or ancho chili powder, like i used)
How to Make Garlic-Chile Butter
- 1Cut the sticks of butter into inch-long cubes and leave it on the counter for several hours to soften.
- 2You can of course quicken this process in the microwave, but use short bursts.
- 3Finely mince the garlic cloves and anchovy fillets and add them to the bowl of butter, along with all the rest of the ingredients
- 4Mix well
- 5Once combined, scoop the butter mixture onto a sheet of cling-wrap and roll it into a log.
- 6You can now refrigerate this for several days, or freeze indefinitely.
- 7Either way, chill it a bit before it’s time to grill, because it’s easier to slice when it’s harder.