Blue Cheese & Lemon Compound Butter
I confess I have a serious love affair with butter. Oil is called for in a baking recipe? Bah…use ghee instead! Oil in sautéed vegetables? No thank you, I use butter instead. Really, I use butter every single place I can unless it’s a ridiculous notion to do so. Butter is just plain better, no?
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
Makes 1/2 Cup
- 2 clove
- 125 g
- blue cheese
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 1 c
- butter (salted),softened
How to Make Blue Cheese & Lemon Compound Butter
- 1In a small bowl, mash the cheese with the lemon zest and juice until well combined.
- 2Stir in the butter until completely incorporated.
- 3Lay out some plastic wrap and spoon the mixture onto the bottom in a line.
- 4Roll up, twist ends (you thought I was going somewhere else with that didn’t you?) and freeze.
- 5When ready for use, remove from freezer about 15 minutes before you need it, slice off rounds and add to whatever you want!
- 6Suggestions for use:
Fennel and Apple Soup
Boiled or roasted corn
Spread over toast for crostinis
Used in place of regular butter in mashed sweet or regular potatoes
About Blue Cheese & Lemon Compound Butter
You May Also Like:
Leave a Comment