“Beurre Rouge” or Red-Wine Compound Butter
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cred wine
1 mediumshallot, finely chopped
1 cbutter, softened
1handful of flat parsley, finely chopped
·salt and pepper
How to Make “Beurre Rouge” or Red-Wine Compound Butter
- In a small pot combine the wine and shallot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cook until the wine has almost completely evaporated, taking care not to let the shallots burn.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and let cool.
- In the bowl of a mixer with the paddle attachment, combine butter, shallot-wine mixture, the parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Scrape out of the bowl with a rubber spatula and place in the center of a large piece of plastic wrap
- Gently form into a 1-inch diameter log, shaping and squeezing.
- Twist the ends of the plastic wrap tightly and refrigerate until the butter is firm enough to slice of freeze for later use.