“Beurre Rouge” or Red-Wine Compound Butter
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/2 c
- red wine
- 1 medium
- shallot, finely chopped
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- handful of flat parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
How to Make “Beurre Rouge” or Red-Wine Compound Butter
- 1In a small pot combine the wine and shallot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Cook until the wine has almost completely evaporated, taking care not to let the shallots burn.
- 3Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and let cool.
- 4In the bowl of a mixer with the paddle attachment, combine butter, shallot-wine mixture, the parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- 5Scrape out of the bowl with a rubber spatula and place in the center of a large piece of plastic wrap
- 6Gently form into a 1-inch diameter log, shaping and squeezing.
- 7Twist the ends of the plastic wrap tightly and refrigerate until the butter is firm enough to slice of freeze for later use.