Baked Pumpkin-Black Bean Sliders & Avocado Sauce
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1/2 cfinely diced red onion
1/2 cfinely diced red bell pepper
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 tspground cumin
1(15-ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed, and dried (blot with paper towels)
1 tspkosher salt
2chopped chipotle peppers
1/4 ccooked corn
1/2 clibby’s 100% pure pumpkin (15 oz. can)
1/2 c(or more) panko crumbs
·slider buns or small rolls
2plum tomatoes, sliced
2 smallripe avocados
1/4 csour cream
1 Tbspfresh lime juice
2 Tbspfinely diced red onion
1/4 tspkosher salt
How to Make Baked Pumpkin-Black Bean Sliders & Avocado Sauce
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet and sauté onion, red pepper, and garlic until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Let cool.
- Place beans in a food processor with 1 teaspoon salt and chipotle peppers.
- Process until beans are mostly in small pieces.
- Add the onion mixture and do a few more pulses to get everything mixed well. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add corn, pumpkin, and panko crumbs to the beans mixture and mix together well.
- If the mixture feels to loose and will not hold its shape well, add extra panko crumbs.
- Shape into 8-10 slider-sized patties and place on a large plate or tray.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- TO MAKE SAUCE:
Mash together the avocado, sour cream, and lime juice until smooth.
- Or you can process them in a food processor. (I mash)
- Add red onion and salt. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray both sides of sliders with cooking spray and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Alternately you can sauté them in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil for about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve on slider buns with avocado sauce, tomato, and cilantro.