EDDIE'S MILD TO HOT SALSA
1- 12 ozcan tomato paste
1/2 bunchcilantro, fresh
2 mediumheads garlic minced
6 largegreen bell peppers
6 largeonions chopped
1 cdistilled white vinegar
1 cbrown sugar
NOW THE HOT PART:
10 mediumcayenne pepper ( if wanted)
How to Make EDDIE'S MILD TO HOT SALSA
- Core and peel the tomatoes. Remove seeds and pulp. Put seeds and pulp through a food mill, chop the outside of the tomatoes.
- In a large pot over low heat, boil the milled liquid and tomato paste for 1 hour or until the liquid is reduced by 1/3.
- In a blender or food processor, puree cilantro, jalapenos, garlic,and1/2 cup of the tomato liquid from the large pot. Slowly stir this mixture into the pot.
- Bring the contents of the pot to a boil while mixing in the green peppers, onions, chopped tomatoes, salt , vinegar, and brown sugar. in a small bowl dissolve the cornstarch.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the pot, stirring continually boil the mixture until all vegetables are soft, about 30 minutes allow the mixture to cool
- Put mixture into 20 stearel pint jar's leaving 1/4 head space. Add the 10 cayenne peppers to 10 jars put on lids and rings.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.